The Holy Innocents' Church
Stourport Rd, Kidderminster, DY11 6LA.
9.30am Sung Eucharist followed by refreshments.
The brick built church was consecrated in 1938 on a site where there had previously been an old wooden church. It is built on classical lines and has a seating capacity of 150. In 2013 we celebrated our 75 year Anniversary with a special service and the collection of items which have been locked away in a time capsule. Disabled access has been created via a ramp to the main church door.
The adjacent Community Hall, which is within the church grounds, is not owned by the church. The grounds are set back behind a mature hedge and are shared with the Community Hall. There are two large lawned areas, small flower beds and a car park. Volunteers care for these with mowing, planting and general tidying. The churchyard is separated from the main road behind a cul-de-sac which is a public parking area.
The church works closely with its sister churches of St. John the Baptist and St. Peter’s, Birchen Coppice, serving between them a community of approximately 20,000 people. On occasions there are team services for Patronal festivals, special events and during our August “Pilgrimage” when we all join together each Sunday at one of our churches, in turn, for worship.
The Eucharist takes place every Sunday at 9.30am, and there is a said Communion on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at 9:45am. Lay members also take part in services with readings, intercessions, accolyting and assisting with the chalice. Additionally, they help with giving home Communion for the housebound, residents of local nursing homes and patients in the local hospital. The church welcomes people for baptisms, weddings and funerals.
We are a welcoming and inclusive congregation and we would be delighted to have you join us for worship.